I'm about to strip the models and start over. The up-side is that I learned a lot from the experience.
The stripping went pretty well. I used Simple Green in a 3-soak process. I soaked for 2 hours then scrubbed them with a toothbrush in the sink. This got 90% of the paint and primer off without seeming to affect the green-stuff and glue I used to adhere them to the bases. Not satisfied with the remaining 20%, I left them for another couple of hours and repeated the scrubbing process. This removed a little more paint, but I still wasn't happy with the results. Finally, I decided to leave them soaking overnight. The next day I poure them out and went to it one last time with the brush. A few little spots of primer were left in the crevices, but I called it good enough. Next I'll re-prime and start over.
While I waited on this to happen, I started on an Argus from the Circle of Orboros warpack. I may start a separate thread for that guy.
*Update - 11/10/11*
Here are some pictures of the completed models. I'm really pleased with how the grass turned out on the bases.